Friday, February 27, 2009

Wanna party?

I just got off the phone with Merry Summey, owner of Fiddlesticks Quilts and member of the Party with Patrick™ club and guess what she was doing? She was out buying party hats and balloons to decorate for her kick-off party tomorrow! They're going to be making the St. Pat's Mats free March project and, no doubt, having a great time because these ladies are a kick!

Then, I happened to go to the website for Little Stitches Sewing Center and saw that Linda and Rick and their crew also know how to throw a party. They have the invitation posted right on the home page of their site inviting their customers in for a day of quilting and partying. They're even serving Irish Stew for lunch at their kick-off! What fun-loving quilter could pass up an invitation like that?

If I lived closer, I'd be hopping in the car and going to both of these parties because they know how to CELEBRATE quilting and camaraderie! And those are the kind of people I like to hang out with. But, most of all, those are the kind of shops that are offering their customers what they need right now; a place to get together, make friends, and have fun with fellow quilters being creative. With all of the bad news about the economy and everything else going on, it's refreshing to the spirit to just drop everything once in awhile and have a party!

As I'm writing this, our newest member just signed up and is just excited as everyone else. Thanks and welcome to Liat and Miles of Stitches. I know you'll throw a great party too! Liat has already invited me to party with her and the gang in Hemlock, MI. I'm there!

So the party's gearing up. All it takes to be on the "A" List is the desire to have a good time. If you want to be on the list, make sure you let the quilt shops in your area know you're ready for a party. If you're a shop owner and haven't joined us yet, what are you waiting for? Let's get this party started.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks for checking in on me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment