Sunday, November 29, 2009

Terrific Tree Trimming :)

Well, despite Lily's preferred tree-trimming technique (see my last post, below), I think we were successful at decorating the tree again this year. We had a lot of fun, mostly because we didn't try to do it all in one day. The 2500 lights went on a few days ago and that makes for a much less stressful day of decorating. Here's a pic of Lauryn and Lily as we started out...first draping gold and red strings of faceted beads and then hanging simple red and gold ball ornaments for rich Christmas color.

At 10 years old, Lauryn is now an old pro from helping me the last few years. Usually she's "over it" by an hour into the process but I think she enjoyed it more this year...paying more attention to the ornaments and the memories attached to certain ones. Lily liked the Santa and snowman ornaments best and I caught her taking a close look at one of the Santas. Then, cute as can be, she gave him a kiss.

The Christmas season is going to be extra fun this year with her. It's always better with little ones around and, at 2-1/2, it's the wonder and awe in their eyes that I love the most.

I took a pic last year that I love of Lauryn helping me with the tree and, when we were all finished last night, the moment presented itself for me to get one just like it of Lily.


This is photographic evidence that the tedious (and sometimes nerve-wracking) process is well worth it.

Deck the halls! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I miss those days, always more fun when the kids were little.
    Love that shot with the tree, something you will treasure.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to Xmas this year even more when I see this wonderful picture :-). Have a nice week-end!

    Leila aka Monstermomy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Leila! Hope your holidays are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete