Thursday, May 8, 2008

What a day!

First of all, Lily is here with me today and that always makes for a good day. Then, a gorgeous floral arrangement showed up from my friends at C&T Publishing to congratulate me on our new book and my advance copy arrived almost simultaneously with the flowers. The book looks great and, as I said in my last post, enough time has passed since the final work I did on it that it looked almost brand new to me. I hope you'll consider adding it to your collection. I believe the release date is June 16th.

As if all of that wasn't exciting enough, FedEx showed up again this afternoon with a box from Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I was expecting a couple of sample yards of "Satinesque" but I thought this box was too big for that. I was right...it wasn't just a couple of sample yards but a couple of yards of each of the 29 colors we're introducing! Seeing the whole collection when I opened the box was such a rush. And, since I still have a few projects to make for my new book that I'm working on, I'll be able to use some of them in it. I can't wait to start.

One of the things I'm happiest about with this new fabric is this: If you take a look here, you'll see a scan of the artwork from which this fabric was printed. Click here and you'll see a scan of the actual fabric (enlarged) or here for a detail that actually looks hand painted. I think you'll agree that it's a great reproduction, on fabric, of the artwork. That's what we strive for. Not only are the colors rich and vibrant but there is a depth and dimension that was beautifully recreated also. Take a look here for a couple more colors I scanned and a list of the colors we'll introduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment