Friday, February 4, 2011

An Irish Embrace

Here's another new machine embroidery I've designed for St. Patrick's Day or every day if you love the traditional Irish Claddagh ring symbol.

In case you aren't familiar with it, the Claddagh ring is usually given as a token of love and loyalty or friendship and is often worn as a wedding ring.

I've added shamrocks to my design because I love them and, originally, to symbolize my parent's children - each shamrock leaf symbolizing one of my eight siblings and myself. But, I also wanted it to symbolize an Irish embrace.

I love my Irish heritage and having a St. Patrick's Day birthday. When your birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, it's like the whole world wants to celebrate with you :) That's why you'll always see some "Irish" in my designs around this time of year. I hope you like it!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment