Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions...bah humbug!

I had the perfect start to the new year spending time with family and friends so that makes it even harder to buckle down and get back to the "business" of my work (which is my least favorite part).

It's a good thing I love what I do because I really do work all the time. From the time I get up in the morning til the time I go to bed at night, the day is pretty much centered around my work. I love the design aspect of my job and making the projects I design. But, eventually, I have to deal with the emails and the phone messages et cetera, et cetera. I could do without that part. But only because it keeps me away from the good stuff...designing.

I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions because I think they're made with the romantic notion that, because it's a new year, the resolutions will be accomplished more easily or maybe even stand for something more profound. (I purposely quit smoking a few years ago at Thanksgiving rather than waiting until January 1st so that I would be reminded at that time, every year, that I had something else to be really thankful for.) But I do believe in taking the time to think about and to consciously resolve to make changes for the better in life. I try to do that but I fall short sometimes...whether it's a new year or not.

I am resolving to make more time for the things I feel passionately about in my life. My daughter, Katie, and I could always use more time together. And that means time with her whole family, too. It's not always available since we all have busy schedules. But I'm going to look for more time in mine. Spending time with everyone that makes my life better just by being around them is something I'm going to strive for.

What may be of more interest to you is that I'm going to spend more time on designing and less time on the business of it. I'll either get "people" to help deal with that end of it or I'll do like everyone else seems to be doing lately...not taking the time to reply to what they deem to be unessential emails or phone messages. It's all about priorities ;-)

Just a reminder, I hope you'll make it a priority to sign up for a subscription to receive email news and special offers from Patrick Lose Studios. A lot of people have already done so and have taken advantage of their first coupon for 25% off in my online shop. You'll be glad you joined when you're the first to hear about all of the new patterns and books and fabrics coming!

Cheers and thanks for looking in on me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment