Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you're all having a happy Easter! Lauryn and Lily have spent the weekend with me and it's been a blast. In fact Lily's worn out and finally napping.

It's been another busy couple of weeks for me and the parties are in full swing. Party with Patrick™ is officially "international" now with shops joining in Canada and we're in contact with European shops as well. We also had our first Alaska shop, Sylvia's Quilt Depot, join this past week and I'm thrilled to have them on board. It's really exciting to me that everyone's having so much fun with the club.

There's so much to tell you about that I don't know where to start so I think I'll have to spread the news out in a couple of entires over the next few days. I spent last weekend in Boulder City and Henderson Nevada and had a great time. Merry and the gang at Fiddlesticks hosted the third of three consecutive weekend retreats in Boulder City. My friend, Gary, (who is also my sales and marketing director) and I stopped by for a vist and basically stayed all day and well into the night on Saturday because we were having so much fun with all of the quilters there. We spent a lot of time laughing and, after getting to know this great group, we decided that Boulder City is where we want to hold our first retreat. The town is perfect for the type of getaway we have planned and the people are so friendly, too. And, if you haven't seen any of the publicity/documentaries surrounding the builing of the new bridge, it's amazing! The photos don't give you the same feeling you get when you're driving through the construction area. It's like driving though a set from a science fiction film.

On to my news; the first order of business is to announce that first retreat we have planned. It's going to be a not-your-run-of-the-mill "Christmas in July" event. Since it's going to take place in Boulder City and held at the wonderful 1930's era Boulder Dam Hotel, I decided to call it "That Dam Christmas Party". We'll be posting info here as it becomes available. There are limited spaces available on a "first-come" basis so, if you're interested, check the info page often.

We're also having the first Party with Patrick!™ retreat in the same place in September. This will be an expanded version of our monthly parties for quilters and I will actually be able to be at this one like I wish I could be at all of the ones being thrown in quilt shops coast to coast! You can bet that both retreats will be great fun-filled and creativity-inspiring events that you won't want to miss. Dates for this one are September 18, 19, and 20. Mark your calenders and watch for information here and on my website.

I'll let you give some thought to the retreats and be back with some more news later. It's been pretty exciting around here lately and I'm anxious to share the developments.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment