Monday, April 13, 2009

Project Linus and Patrick Lose (PL & PL)

As I said in my entry yesterday, I have lots of news that I'll have to report a little at a time. I've been working on something for awhile now that I'm finally able to announce "out loud".

At the end of last year, Project Linus National President, Carol Babbitt came to me and asked if I would design a collection of fabrics especially for Project Linus to be produced by Avlyn. I was thrilled to be asked and I'm really happy to say that my work on the collection is completed and the process of promoting it to independent quilt and fabric shops has begun. If you'd like to see what I came up with for them, click here. You can also download a PDF document that features many of these designs all on one page. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

While you're on the Project Linus website, take a look around and read about the wonderful work they continue to do to provide a sense of security through blankets to children in need. I'm happy to do what I can for them and I hope you'll do the same. Look for Project Linus Chapters in your area and ask what you can do to help.

Don't forget to take a look at the wonderful Boulder Dam Hotel where we'll be holding our "Christmas in July" retreat, That Dam Christmas Party, in July. We're working out all of the fun and crazy details now and will provide information as it becomes available.

More to come... :-)

1 comment:

  1. The fabrics are just to cute! I've never done any quilts for Project Linus, but I make a LOT of quilts for the kids that attend Miracle Burn Camp (a summer camp for kids ages 7 to 17 that have suffered burn injuries) at Lake Okoboji. Last year, I did 14 quilts for the 1st year campers, but that's a low number compared to the past few years. Keeps me out of trouble and inside where it's warm in the winter!

    ReplyDelete