Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another Kind of Party

I can't wait for my first retreat, That Dam Christmas Party, next month. The group of quilters that has signed on so far is a bunch of nuts and that's just what we need for this Christmas fruitcake.

The retreat is going to be a Christmas-in-July event unlike any others you may have attended. We're going to be "holed up" in the 1930's era Boulder Dam Hotel in Boulder City, Nevada from Friday, July 17th until Sunday the 19th. You gotta see this place. It's just oozing with history! There's even a Hoover Dam (Boulder Dam) museum in the place.

We'll be working night and day in the open-all-night "Santa's Workshop" on holiday U.F.O.s and Christmas presents and I'll be offering classes in two NEW holiday/winter patterns that will be introduced for the first time at the retreat. There's going to be lots of fun and silliness and a stray Christmas carol here and there, I'm sure. Oh, did I forget to mention that the hotel has a very nice bar? 'nuff said.

Check out the details at:
http://www.patricklose.net/online/dcpintro.html.
More will be available as we get closer to the date.

If you'd like to join us, there are still a few spots available for more fun-loving, somnambulilstic, quilter types! For more information or to sign up for the madness, contact Gary at 623-414-9464 or gary@patricklose.net.

Like I said in my last post, I love my job! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment